• Welcome to TONMO, a community of cephalopod experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts. Established in 2000, we are the founders of TONMOCON, and birthplace of World Octopus Day and Cephalopod Awareness Days. ...You can register here, and Introduce Yourself. To rid yourself of ads and enjoy other perks, become a Supporter for just $50/year. (Now accepting bitcoin & other crytpo!) ...Follow us on Twitter and YouTube for more cephy goodness.
  • Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Diego - O. bimaculoides

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Diego has died

Diego died this afternoon after 13 months in my care. Considering all his health problems, his longevity was better than I expected and as long or longer as many of the captive raised from Zyan but less than half the time Joe-Ceph has experienced. I found him still breathing but being attacked by (and ignoring) the urchin and brissles so I moved him to a container to die in peace. He stopped breathing within an hour of the transfer. :sad:

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Thanks Tony,

We expected him to be near the end but he has fooled us before. He had all but stopped eating a week ago and had stopped his nightly tank walks about the same time.

AquaticEngineer

GPO
Registered
So sorry to hear Denise.

Even when you know its coming its still tough especially when you put that much effort in.

Teacher Kim

GPO
Registered
Diego just arrived at school!! The kids are so excited! We have already looked at his pics and video! Will send a pic of him with kids on Monday. There are only a few left here today because it's Friday!! Yay!! Thank you so much D!!! :smile:

Teacher Kim

GPO
Registered
Today we talked about Diego, looked at video of him and looked at pics of him too. Theyalso painted thank you signs. Here is a thank you picture for Diego's journal!

Attachments

• conv_300732.jpg
    conv_300732.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 100

Latest Posts