• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Cuttlefish Salinity?

frusyks

Cuttlefish
Registered
Cycled my tank with fish for 6 months, and just ordered a cuttlefish. I have my salinity at 1.026, is this correct for cuttlefish? I've raised Octos for a few years and always kept my salinity high for them, just wondering if this is correct for Cuttlefish.

CHEERS!

frusyks

Cuttlefish
Registered
I ordered from Ocopets.com, not sure what they have as of yet, sure I will find out sooner or later.
Thanks for the reply, glad to hear I have the tank going good and solid. WIll keep ya posted!
Cheers!

DHyslop

Architeuthis
Registered
I think Octopets sells S. officianalis. I'm not yet a cuttle keeper but I think they grow to somewhere around 18"?

DHyslop

Architeuthis
Registered
I'd think it was much more awesome if I had a couple grand for a monster tank lying around! I'm really interested in getting some bandensis if the recent US supply is still around for a couple years, but bimacs are still my near future.

Dan

frusyks

Cuttlefish
Registered
I really liking the idea of a BIG cuttlefish! After raising four bimacs and one Hapalochlaena lunulata (Which was QUITE scarey!) it will be nice to have something with some size to it.
As for the couple grand laying around to sponsor a bigger tank....Guess I should get back to work! I love home office!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasjedlicka

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak