• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Cuttlefish Eggs?

Domboski

O. vulgaris
Registered
I was told these are cuttlefish eggs but doesn't look like any I have seen. Anyone know what they might be?

Attachments

• conv_302782.jpg
    conv_302782.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 50
How big are they? There isn't anything to reference to in the photo.

I agree with you, they aren't like any cuttle eggs I have seen.

Domboski

O. vulgaris
Registered
LFS. How can you tell they are bad? Should I just feed them to my fish? If any are good I'd like to try and hatch them. I thought squid eggs were a single squid in each strand? These have 4-5 in each strand.

Each strand is about 2" long.

Cuttlefish have single eggs squid can lay strands. I can tell that they may be bad because of the milky look to the individual eggs, good eggs would be clear and you could see the yolk/embryo. You can look through the "fingers" and see if any of them look good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kezrah

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak