• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Cuttle fish sale

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Hi Carol,

I know it's tempting, and your tank would be OK for a while, but an adult cuttlefish needs a MUCH larger tank.

Nancy

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Registered
I asume that the cuttles must not be selling very well and costing a small fortune to feed :wink:

Cephkid

Sepia elegans
Registered
Actually, their cuttles turn out to cost $58.99 (cuttle + box) without shipping. Also, I checked, and (for me- and I'm in Wisconsin, you're in New Jersey) with the shipping+box+cuttle (i.e. the whole anchallata), it's $85.75. I dunno about octopets for sure, but it looks about $70 to me. Soooooo....octopets is still cheaper.

mwexler501

Cuttlefish
Registered
Actaully octopets starts at $60 - then u have to add overnight shipping which they do not quote online - they say they will 'add it to your order later'. Fedex quotes $29 standard overnight shipping from the octopets contact zip code to my VA zip code. Add whatever 'handling' charge octopets attaches and I'm sure the price is competitive, if not more.

I did order a Sep O from petsupply.com this morning. They were supposed to receive an order of them today and send mine out to me, but they did not recive the order today - and dint hear from thier supplier (!?!?).

a rabid squid

GPO
Registered
tnbmhjsjs

i bought one from them and theyre really good but they cant tell if its male or female i just ordered another one last night and its coming on tuesday :smile:

oscar

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
WoW!!! :shock:

Have fun!!! Post pics and be sure to tell us how it goes!!

good luck

might be better to keep a small group of them rather than just 2 though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conor Henry

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak