Captive breeding of cephalopods

What I meant was what exactly are you doing this for... Just for fun, an eventual project, etc? And as for bandensis, I wasn't in the hobby when Thales started to breed them... so don't exactly know all of the background and what not, but I believe they were relatively "un-researched" and not incredibly common in captivity. I don't believe very much research at all has been done on them... This is just what I've "sort-of" gleaned from being part of wamas though.

The oceanography program at Oakton is non-existant right now. As I said, I was one of the students who managed to help do some stuff to get it started... next year... as for the curriculum etc, I have no idea what it is, as of right now, it's still up in the air between two teachers who is going to teach the class. Eventually I believe the goal is to be able to carry out some "research projects" in the classroom. I've been unofficially "hired" as of now to set up a tank for the course due to the fact that I've already set up a sea horse tanks in one of the bio classes.

As for the freshwater tanks, isn't it time to move to salt water now? :cool2:

ivan09193

Hatchling
Registered
The logical progression, eh? :wink:

Nope, it's more of a just for fun thing. It's great that you were able to get oceanography started at Oakton. It's a shame that other schools don't have those kinds of science programs. I'm guessing you're a senior, so you won't be around to reap the benefits. Or will you?

yup, logical progression, and a lot more interesting IMO... I definetly can't be accredited with "getting it started" at all, in fact, I hardly did anything, apart from set up a fish tank and be a part of scuba club which kind of pushed it a little... but I'm definetly going to take part in it! And nope, I'm a sophmore so I've got plenty of time and definetly plan on reaping the benefits.