• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Canada/NZ Postdoctoral opportunity

Steve O'Shea

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Anyone in New Zealand interested in a Postdoc in Canada? (I wish it was the other way around; someone from Canada coming to New Zealand to work on squid life histories, systematics or conservation).

I'm not sure if you can read the attachment; I might have to cut/paste the text.

Attachments

• conv_302921.jpg
    conv_302921.jpg
    347.5 KB · Views: 54
Hello Dr. Steve O’Shea!

I’m a student in Canada and right now I’m in the Marine and Freshwater Biology program. Once I have a bachelor degree, I would like to go to New Zealand to get a Master’s Degree. Would the Auckland University of Technology accept a Canadian as a student?

Thanks,
Heather

Steve O'Shea

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Hi Heather. I'm not so sure about that; some of you Canadian folk can be pretty dastardly folk!:wink:

Not a problem!

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Steve,
She will never take you seriously unless you end your comments with, "aaay"

ArchyNorth

GPO
Registered
He's making a reference to the stereotype of us Canadians ending almost all sentences with "eh".

Hey Dr. Steve O’Shea!

I’m definitely not cowardly. The giant squid is a fascinating creature. I’m really looking forward to going to AUT. Eh?

Thank you! :biggrin2:

--Heather

Tintenfisch

Architeuthis
Staff member
It's ok, you can be dastardly without being cowardly. The rest of us dastards look forward to meeting you, so come on down, eh? :wink:

It's a Jelly!

ArchyNorth

GPO
Registered
Monty...

The world would be a much happier (and drunk) place if Bob and Doug were the archetypes for world leaders...

but I think we're going a little off topic...

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lonestar108

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak