• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

bobtail squid care and availability

I don't recall anyone on TONMO breeding but have read that they breed well in captivity and are used in labs frequently. Apparently their lifespan is less than a year so anyone wanting to keep them would need to learn about keeping a breeding environment, possibly in some of the scientific journals, to have a successful experience. They are certainly tempting but I don't know how much you would see of them as I believe they are sand dwellers during the day and hunt at night.

CaptFish;163516 said:
Actually there are a bunch of "Bobtail Squids" 21 according to Mark Normans book............

Wow that's alot of bobtails! and i'm still missing one but my eyes are blurry and my fingers are tired, LOL!

Sepioloidea pacifica! From NZ, We occasionally have these on display but they're pretty boring as a display animal!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back