Bimac in 24 Gallon Nano???

Inception7

Blue Ring
Registered
I was also considering connecting a 60 gallon cube tank to the filtration of the 200 gallon. The tank has a 100 gallon sump, a skimmer rated for a 800 gallon tank and 300 lbs of live rock. This way I could keep all the fish in the 200 gallon. This sounds like fun also...

Sounds like a great plan! Im sure youve thought about it already, but make sure the plumbing between the main tank and the ceph tank are octo proof or youll have one fat octo!

I missed your post about your 200 gallon. Monty is correct, a vulgaris can be kept in a 200, but with not much else.

Inception7

Blue Ring
Registered
Yeah, I am thinking just two bulkheads drilled in back with a screen on the drain. I don't think the Octo would last long if he got into the other tank. It houses a 12" Puffer, A Queen Trigger, Lionfish and so on...:smile:

Inception7

Blue Ring
Registered
Paradox;114592 said:
Sounds like a great plan! Im sure youve thought about it already, but make sure the plumbing between the main tank and the ceph tank are octo proof or youll have one fat octo!

I missed your post about your 200 gallon. Monty is correct, a vulgaris can be kept in a 200, but with not much else.

Yeah, I just want to make sure whatever Octo I get will be ok in a 50-60 gallon. The last thing I want is to get a Vulgaris and have him outgrow the tank. Also I have to make sure it's a tropical species because my tank gets to about 80-81F

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Registered
one last vulgaris point is that they wont appreciate the 80deg F water temperature depending on where they are caught as they are found all over the world... e.g. the UK vulgaris do fine in the 50s and 60s and the 80s would stress them out.

pictures would really help with ID if you can???

Cheers

Inception7

Blue Ring
Registered
I am in the process of clearing out my 200 gallon. I am going to get a chiller since I found one for a good price and maintain temps around 73-74. This should make the tank fine whether it's a bimac, vulgaris, humm, etc...

Latest Posts