• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Baiji dolphin declared extinct

The TIME Magazine also reported this, tis a say day, as it seems that we've once again, placed our own development over preservation of the enviroment.

jc45

GPO
Registered
My mother told me about this after school today... I really hope a loss this great will knock some sense into the general public! :cry:

Joey

And from what i've read the other species in the river is in bad shape as well. Don't thing any of the river dolphins are doing that well

MMMM BAIJI DOLPHIN... taste soooo good.... anyone else had it?

im just kiddin... i guess i need to start watching tv more... i havent even heard anything about this until now.

Fini

Wonderpus
Registered
It's tragic that it's in the news today, but likely forgotten a week from now. Hopefully there are a couple of them left that have just managed to stay off the radar, but it certainly doesn't look good for the species.

As far as the river dolphins go, I hear they are getting pretty scarce. Boating and pollution have pretty much done them in too.

Stupid humans...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjh1951

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak