• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Anyone use this RO/DI filter?

chad

Cuttlefish
Registered
I have recently got the Reverse Osmosis RO+DI Filtration POQ-4B-100 and am wondering if anyone else has used it? i read one, and only one, review where the person said it started producing ammonia after four months. This was after purchase, but most of the reviews were 4+ stars, but not all reviews were for aquariums. Greatly appreciate any info or insight if anyone has used this filter, link is here if needed.

Thank you,

Chad

I would worry about the water supply more than my RO unit if the output included ammonia. This would mean something dead has entered the system. I really don't think there is a lot of difference in RO units per se. The filters you use, keeping them clean and monitoring for replacement (TDS meter required) have the greatest impact. The flow hardware are all pretty much standard with interchangeable filters from many suppliers.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back