Anyone got $425 to spare?

Phil

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Steve O'Shea said:
:idea: Phil, we'll do a joint article on that gladius shall we (across a wide range of ceph taxa :squid: to :belemnit:). Months away, but we'll do it!

Wow! I'll have to increase my knowledge of cephalopod biology by somewhere approaching the order of 5000% first! And it could get very expensive on e-bay to obtain specimens!

....wishing I had more time.....

Lovely idea. :oops:

Jean

Colossal Squid
Registered
Had another look, I can see what looks like the (faint) increments you mentioned. You DO NOT want to get into measuring the beggers (unless you have a masochistic streak bigger than mine!).

I hadn't thought about preservation effects (even tho' Kerry talks about it!) But I dunno, the gladius is odd but ...................would the chitin have distorted differentially like that? The edges aren't twisted, so they would've shrunk while the centre stayed the same????????? Weird, man I'd love to get my hands on one! All of my gladii were frozen so I've nothing to go on with preservation effects on them. Maybe I should look at some of Kerry's :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2: (Just for curiousity's sake AND to get me away from writing :lol: )

J