• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

another ebay octopus

i got crabs

GPO
Registered
if anyone has a second go to ebay and check out what the seller has described as a zebra banded octopus. im not sure what to think of this, so i choose not to think anymore.

Jean

Colossal Squid
Registered
haven't looked yet (I'm at work :lol:) but sounds like either Wunderpus or a Mimic from that description....not good :sad:

J

Tintenfisch

Architeuthis
Staff member
someone who has 'been in the aquarium industry for over 15 years importing products... never seen or heard of anything quite like this animal' ... and is selling it on Ebay (!!) said:
I will send you the tank and all materials in it (coral, etc.) for an additional $250

Alternately :mad: and cringing...

TPOTH

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Same old story .... Just praying the auction won't get any bids at all and that the seller can forget about his $500 :evil:

TPOTH

Wowza! From his description it doesn't sound like he's been in the biz for that long....and this is coming from someone who's only been in it for six years.

Cheers!

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
:mad: OOOh boy...people like that should be mauled...hung out to dry...quartered...decollated...and then be tortured !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndyR83

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak