• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

a 30gal tank

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Well, is there a chance you could bump that up to a 40 wide or a 50 standard? 'cause a bimac from octopets would be perfect for you! bimacs are going to like to roam a bit, and a 30 is just a little too small for them...
greg

Yeah a 30 gallon probably be OK, but if you really want to see a happy octopus 50 gallon is the way to go! :wink: But then again, I haven't had one yet, so what would I know. lol

m8298

Cuttlefish
Registered
Speaking of a 30 gallon, I just got a used acrylic tank and I'm not sure what the capacity is. The tank measures 36"L x 15"W x 16"H. Is this too small for a Bimac? It would be nic to use an acrylic tank beacuse I could drill for bulk heads on the back wall, and it would be easier to make it escape proof.

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grantbey

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak