• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

15 gallon tank

LOL...welcome to Tonmo !!

The big problem with a 15, is that there is really no way to filter it enough without making it into a slosh tank...you could use one temporarily for housing an octo until the larger tank was set up, but that's about it (and even that is questionable).
Even dwarf octos and mini cuttles require a 27 or more size tank...I have used a 29 for digueti before, with no problems...although I had a 20 gallon sump for that tank too.
50 gallon standards are kind of the "tank of choice" for the small octo keepers (dwarf and bimac)...though a 40 breeder would probably be ok.

look forward to hearing more from you,
greg

thanks greg, been thinking about having an octo for about 2 years now, but I see what you mean about the slosh effect, a CF would just make to much flow and if your going to use a huge sump, whats the point
too bad I think those smaller tanks would be kinda cool!

cheers,
matt

Howdy all. I myself have set up a ten gallon tank berlin style about 15 lbs of LR 2 rio 180's pushing o2 and a nice size wad of chaetomorpha. as well as a blue ring named Betty. have had the octo now for about 3 months, tank had been up and running for about 5 months prior. tanks doing great, feeding the blue ring SMALL bits of krill and sliver sides.. twice a week.. (with a feeding stick)!!!! my friend told me about this website. hope to meet new people and learn more 411 about octo's. :cool2: hope to get some pictures up soon.

Be sure to put up a post in the "introduce yourself" area.
And, yeah, you are going to catch some heat...but it sounds like you know that coming in, so, :welcome:
greg

Arrogantsob81 Wrote:-

Howdy all. I myself have set up a ten gallon tank berlin style about 15 lbs of LR 2 rio 180's pushing o2 and a nice size wad of chaetomorpha. as well as a blue ring named Betty. have had the octo now for about 3 months, tank had been up and running for about 5 months prior. tanks doing great, feeding the blue ring SMALL bits of krill and sliver sides.. twice a week.. (with a feeding stick)!!!! my friend told me about this website. hope to meet new people and learn more 411 about octo's. hope to get some pictures up soon.

This sounds well cool!! Lookin forward to seein pic's and askin about your filtration.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back