• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Would you eat squid for dinner for TONMOcon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipsquek

Wonderpus
Registered
I have a friend here in Monterey that owns a few restaurants, one of which sells something like 6 millions pounds of squid a year. He has offered to do a squid and octopus dinner for Sat., but we realize that not everyone likes eating the rubbery little buggers.

The restaurant is on the wharf and has great views of the bay and the boats.

erich orser

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Having heard about the joys of architeuthis flesh firsthand from Dr. Clyde Roper, all I can say to that last suggestion is YECHHH!!!

:yuck:

erich orser

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Will there be any Humboldt on the menu? That IS what those calamari steaks in the frozen food aisle of Trader Joe's are reputed to be...

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
I watch people eat it...don't care for it personally.

The menu is heavy on seafood, especially the group meals in the semi-primate room - we belong there! I would enjoy that, but lots of people want meatier fare. There aren't many meaty options, and none in the group menus.

Melissa

pipsquek

Wonderpus
Registered
Melissa said:
The menu is heavy on seafood, especially the group meals in the semi-primate room - we belong there! I would enjoy that, but lots of people want meatier fare. There aren't many meaty options, and none in the group menus.

Melissa

He owns another place just across the wharf that is a lot meatier. And do n't worry about what's on that menu, I'll get us a lot better than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kezrah

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak