• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Who and/or What is Cthulhu?

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
A few weeks ago I asked Greg Ewald and Erich Orser to write an article to answer the popular TONMO.com visitor question, "what is Cthulhu?"... and they have submitted their response! While this is not a holistic Cthulhu definition, a true, good description can be found in Erich's first "spoken" paragraph of the article. He succinctly explains the Cthulhu character, which comes from the mind of legendary author H.P. Lovecraft. The rest of this article is (quite obviously) pure fiction -- but highly entertaining and very much in the spirit of Cthulhu/H.P. Lovecraft lore and fandom. Enjoy, and THANKS to Greg and Erich for the contribution!

[url2=http://www.tonmo.com/articles/cthulhu.php]Who and/or What is Cthulhu?[/url2]

erich orser

TONMO Supporter
Registered
You know, Kevin, if you can properly identify the species (within thirty percent, mind you) based upon texture, shape, what have you, then I don't think a serious scientist like you has much to worry over. If it looks like an RV-sized chunk of petrified cuttlefish dung, then I might be a little worried. I'm sure that your coprolites are perfectly harmless. I hope.:shock:

erich orser

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Wow, this thread is going right down the toilet. I wonder who's fault that is..? Oh, wait, nevermind...

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
That depends on which branch of Cthonicism you adhere to, the one straight from HPL, or the additional branches added on by August D and others.

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HissHisss

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak