• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

unknown tank mate

Tako_Poke

O. vulgaris
Registered
Hey again,
I need help identifying a fish thats in my tank. Ive looked everywhere but so far ive come up with nothing! Im worried it could be poisoness or an unsuitable tank mate for my octo. Does anyone know of any usefull tools that could help?
-Nick

Tako_Poke

O. vulgaris
Registered
Yep thats the one. So far the only thing its hurt was a blenny. It went crazy but it hasnt died. Its just tripping all over the tank biting itself. The octopus seems to have aknowledged the scorpianfish though.

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
This isn't a good tankmate for you octopus. How about putting it in its own tank?

Nancy

Tako_Poke

O. vulgaris
Registered
He seems pretty docile. Plus I need him to eat some of these annoying little fishes in the tank. But after he does that I think ill release him into the ocean.

I don't think you should release it into the ocean. It might not naturally live in your area and could cause problems. Even if you do live near their habitat it could have pathogens from you tank that could hurt other fish. Do you have another tank you could put it in or a LFS that might take it?

Ben

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHF8

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak