Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.
I'm assuming, as no death was reported, that the victim survived his exposure. Honestly, though, most of those symptoms sound kinda cool... I mean, not the paralysis or death part, but maybe a Tokyo trip is in order. Always wanted to try that.
There's an episode on TV, can't remember which program, where someone who ate incorrectly processed pufferfish is interviewed. The man became completely paralized and was rushed to the emergency, but he eventually survived. He said he wouldn't accept $1 million to try it again!