• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

Tropical fish cosmetic surgery

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Registered
I know that quite a lot of people on TONMO.com also have an interest in fish as well as cephalopods so I am posting this link...

http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/pfk/pages/item.php?news=957

Its quite detailed about some of the grotesque forms of fish that we see in the trade from time to time... especially flowerhorns and parrots

It is terrible to see fish treated this way for a hobby, there are plenty species out there with interesting shapes and colours without taking a pair of scissors or a needle to them!

Can anyone say Tie-Die octo's

Cuttles dont need the color stuf they can do that on their own.

(by the way, this reminds me of the bonzai kitty stuff that was going around some time ago, completly horrible)

Phil

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
That's horrible and barbaric. No animal deserves to be mutilated for viewing pleasure.

i need cuttle said:
(by the way, this reminds me of the bonzai kitty stuff that was going around some time ago, completly horrible)
That site was fake, they have fun posting people's complaints about it.

I work in a pet store and we do sell dyed fish (annoys me a lot...) always tell customers about it 75% of the time they do not buy the fish after I tell them that.

I used to work in a pet store that sold dyed fish as well (the purple and orange loaches were hideous); they had a ridiculously high mortality rate at the store (I used to test all the water chems, so I know it wasn't us). It's just so sad...

Mary

Bonsai kitties are fake, but the fish problems are very real. I've subscribed to PFK in the past, and it is an excellent magazine. Very truthful and honest, and rarely inaccurate. They've lead a great campaign to stop this cruelty. Hopefully people will listen more with this coming out.

Cheers!

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuroraVK

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak