• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Today at 2pm Eastern: live cephalopod discussion panel

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
Live cephalopod discussion panel / Q&A today at 2pm Eastern, open to all - "Quarantine with the Curators," session 31. When you register, if you are not part of an institution, just put "TONMO" as the institution.

gjbarord

Sepia elegans
Staff member
Yes! There is a recording of it. Send me a PM and I can give you the person's email to get the link. Don't want to share the email on here... It was a GREAT DISCUSSION!

Greg

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Jessica Slone with Piscine has given us permission to be an accepted, "industry" and view not only the mentioned discussion recording but two additional cephalopod discussion that occurred this week (use Tonmo as the industry)

#28 Jun 1, 2020 Topic: Husbandry of Squid and Cuttlefish (Cephalopods, PT 1)

#29 Jun 3, 2020 Topic: Husbandry of Nautilus and Octopuses (Cephalopods Pt 2)

#31 Jun 5, 2020 Topic: Panel Discussion, Cephalopods in Public Aquaria: Research, Ideas, Discussion (Cephalopods PT 3)

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
This is awesome!! At around 1:24 in the 3rd video, @Thales talks about how easy it is to use TONMO to get starter info on keeping cephs. He talks about how easy it is to find the articles you want and to search the forums. What he probably doesn't realize is that about 6 months ago or so, I limited Search to Supporters only. I've just lifted that restriction so that you only need to be a registered member. :smile: ...still, do consider becoming a Supporter if you aren't already! :heee: Free flow of information vs. maintaining financial viability; always a balancing act. Thanks Richard!

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
awesome sessions, Andy! I know you guys mentioned doing something with hobbyists; it might be a bit of a rodeo but I'd be happy to help corral something for that. :thumbsup:

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acorn kid

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak