• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

The architeuthis light switch cover

Toren

Vampyroteuthis
Registered

Attachments

• conv_302564.jpg
    conv_302564.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 53
Last edited by a moderator:

Phil

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
That's fantastic. I'd be quite apprehensive turning the light on, being forced to stick my finger in the beak. Does it come with a Captain Nemo finger puppet?

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
sorseress said:
That's really great, Toren. You ought to market them.

They are 10.99, which isn't bad, as metal light switch covers cost about 4-7 bucks as is...so one with a squid on it? Deal !

DHyslop

Architeuthis
Registered
cthulhu77 said:
They are 10.99, which isn't bad, as metal light switch covers cost about 4-7 bucks as is...so one with a squid on it? Deal !

I don't mean to take sales away from Toren's beautiful work, but while we're on the topic of switchplate covers there is an outfit in Colorado that sells beautiful ones cut from fossiliferous limestone from Pakistan. They cost about $8 and my fiancee and I buy a bunch whenever we're at the Geological Society of America annual meeting where they have a vendor display. I can't find any pictures of the plate covers, but you can see what the rock looks like in this (lousy) photo from their website(the limestone is on the right): mortars and pestles in limestone and marble

Dan

Toren

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
cthulhu77 said:

Yeah, for CafePress that means I get between 2-3 bucks. I'm open to other merch suggestions!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasjedlicka

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak