• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Strange behavior(M. Pfefferi)

Here are some close ups of the eggs. If you look closely you can see little cuttle shaped white blobs.

Attachments

• conv_298743.jpg
    conv_298743.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
  • conv_298744.jpg
    conv_298744.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
  • conv_298745.jpg
    conv_298745.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
Thales, I created a sticky for flamboyant articles and added the Reefs Magazine one to start. Hopefully we can do likewise for some of the other exotics.

Skywindsurfer, it will be interesting to watch these and see how they many generations you can raise. It would be nice to see success with them and ultimately available in CB form to the home aquarist as I believe the interest would be high and elevate ceph keeping in general.

Well I'll keep you posted inn this thread how the babies progress. Right now my director wants to take them and put them in his office tank to raise them at 72°F but I'd rather keep them in a flow through tank on their current system(75-76°F). I feel I will have better success with them.

I'm hoping he will go with that idea. I was planning on asking him, but I'm going to wait until the eggs get closer to hatch. My theory is if the adult felt it was ok to lay them, then the environment must be suitable for the young right? The flow through tank is sitting about 77F while the exhibit is sitting at about 76F.

Does that mean that they are going to hatch but you have to ignore them? If that is the case, please consider sending the eggs, if they are viable, to another institution that can rear them. It doesn't have to be me, but I will take them. :biggrin2:

Woh, woh, woh Thales, I didn't say that. Allow me to clarify. He said he probably wont let me raise them, but said he'll move the eggs and my flow through system to his office tank and do it himself.

She has started to lay more eggs throught the rock structure. The two that have come loose have been inspected by our vet today and in one you can see a small blob with what looks like arms, a mantel, and two eyes. No pigmant yet, but this is very exciting. On exhibit there must be over thirty eggs.

Our eggs are about to hatch any day now. Only about 2/3rds developed. The little guys have devoured their yolk sacks and have begun turning around in the eggs. I leave for a week in a few days so sadly I will not be here when they hatch.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back