Squid and Octopus spotting

From BiblioOdyssey:

These rather eccentric illustrations come from 'Historia Naturae, Maxime Peregrinae, Libris XVI.', 1635 by Spanish philosopher and scholar, Juan Eusebio Nieremberg. The work, which features more than one hundred and fifty illustrations (they are not all as unusual as these examples), was said to be based largely on an earlier book by Francisco Hernandez, who had been sent to study the fauna and flora of New Spain. Hence, some of the Aztec names for species persist in Nieremberg's book. It is regarded as an important early source work for the Americas, and particularly Mexico.

IMHO, this is a useful, and probably unique, illustration of how a globster is "born.":roll:

Very cool find, OB. Thanks.

Clem

Attachments

• conv_300826.jpg
    conv_300826.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 147
SueNami's 15 seconds of Fame

I was not sure this was going to happen so I have not said anything until I received the notification that the piece aired. I was contacted by Cory Lawrence (Discovery Channel, Canada) about using one of my YouTube videos in an animal grooming short. Of course I gave permission to use the clip with the stipulation that I could post a link to the short on TONMO.

[video]http://watch.discoverychannel.ca/#clip887349[/video]

This is from a quarter-century ago (!): In Who Framed Roger Rabbit, there was a bartender who qualifies, if you don't mind the long tongue hanging out:

He's about 15:20 into the film here:

Attachments

• conv_300978.jpg
    conv_300978.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 226
With Love and Respect and.... WOW!!!

From a Facebook friend, who saw this and immediately thought of me. At first I hesitated to post it on my FB timeline, fearing that some of my fellow Catholic buddies would find it disrespectful. Then I remembered that anyone who's seen my posts for more than a couple of days, knows that The Blessed Mother and Cephs are two of my favorite subjects.... making this doubly awesome from my viewpoint! :tentacle:

Attachments

• conv_301032.jpg
    conv_301032.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 184

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back