Sighting?

Myopsida,

Many thanks for your pithy response to my query. (I learn a lot from the people at this site.)

I suppose the "tentacles" of the Chilean blob could have been produced as the expansion pleats of a Humpback's throat gave way into long, thick strips of tissue?

Vis my earlier observation about the presence of a sharply defined slit in both the Chilean and Floridian blobs, I've attached a comparison illustration below. If not a blowhole, I suppose it could be another orifice.

:roll:

Clem

The globster seems to have an underlying pink color, with red showing through various rends in the tissue... this gives it a mammalian feel, to me at least, especially since any good aristocratic ceph is blue-blooded.

Oh, and I liked the picture of the horse next to it. Guess they couldn't get a double-decker bus onto the beach. :wink:

That is the danger of going onto this site in the morning...sometimes I need a pint or two before I log on. :biggrin2:
Greg

cthulhu77 said:
That is the danger of going onto this site in the morning...sometimes I need a pint or two before I log on. :biggrin2:
Greg

I humbly beg your forgiveness, Greg (hey, that rhymes)! However, it could've been much worse. At least I didn't say, "As 7th Planet United fans tell 3rd Planet United fans, 'Down Earth, up Uranus!'" Or "Have you heard about the new self-help book, WOMEN ARE FROM MARS, MEN ARE FROM URANUS?" Or, "Why is the starship Enterprise like toilet paper? They both circle around Uranus to wipe out the Klingons."

So -- bottom line -- aren't you glad I'm not "cheeky" enough to say any of the above?

Still hoping to see Uranus' moons, I am....

Tani, Rear Admiral
JAUNDICE (Jokes About Uranus Never Display Intelligence, Creativity, or Education)

Taningia,

You ass-umed that it was the anus of a whale to which I referred. More generally, the aperture on the Chilean blob could be a Humpback's genital slit. Still not breakfast-time reading material, perhaps, but what are ya gonna do.

:roll:

Clem

"Boys are different from girls. Girls have a vaginer."
seemed appropriate somehow...from that flick with Arnie S. ...Kindergarten Cop or something...
Greg

Tintenfisch said:
Oh, and I liked the picture of the horse next to it. Guess they couldn't get a double-decker bus onto the beach. :wink:

Kat,

From CNN (July 4):

"This is a very important find for science. We need to get down there as fast as possible so we don't lose the specimen," said Sergio Letelier, a researcher at the Museum of Natural History in Santiago.

"But we don't even have money for the bus, let alone a plane fare. It's pathetic," he added.

Let alone a double-decker bus.

:heee:

Clem

hmmm, from what pretty much everyone has said that was there it aint a whale, or whale blubber/skin.... i read soemthing about its silicon concentrate (or something) not being the same of that of a squid and or whales....

im just saying dont be too quick to find rational explaination, i mena wouldnt it be COOL if there was a 15 meter octopus?

:jester:

Personally, I am sticking with the giant octopus carnie thing...either that, or it is a big wad of chewing gum from the bearded lady...
Greg

i'm just saying that i agree with tomossan that it would be absolutely wonderful to find an octo that big. a sea monster like that would be so totally cool i'd just grin all day to know that it was true. the colossal squid got me all excited(and i'm still grinning about THAT one),if this wad 'o flesh turned out to be an octo it would put me into delirium for a bit without a doubt. *sigh* a boy can dream ,'eh?

any updates? i haven't surfed any today yet...just woke up really. :smile:

no updates as far as i know.... those poor chilean scientists are so poor they porbbaly sent the blobs 4th class :P

tests will take a while, if they take longer than say wednesday than u cna begin to consider its something more than a whale....

:madsci:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back