Recent papers

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Interesting abstract (includes a couple of nice graphical details) but it makes you wonder why all cephs don't share this feature.

gjbarord

Sepia elegans
Staff member
One reason could be that cuttlefish spend a greater percentage of their lives in more of a horizontal position than other cephs...

Greg

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Starvos, that one should be interesting as it uses the larger humboldt squid for the study and some new technology. I wonder if the "Accelerometry tags" are related internally to the accelerometers in phones and hand held computers. A quick look suggests there is a relationship.

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
gjbarord;197376 said:
One reason could be that cuttlefish spend a greater percentage of their lives in more of a horizontal position than other cephs...

Greg

Squid are pretty much horizontal swimmers I think and, please correct me if I am wrong, not all cuttlefish have the iris divider. With octopuses, it could get interesting and would likely be oriented differently. They do "squint" a lot and I have attributed that to too much light but now I wonder if it changes their vision similarly but on a different plane.