• Welcome to TONMO, a community of cephalopod experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts. Established in 2000, we are the founders of TONMOCON, and birthplace of World Octopus Day and Cephalopod Awareness Days. ...You can register here, and Introduce Yourself. To rid yourself of ads and enjoy other perks, become a Supporter for just $25/year. (Now accepting bitcoin & other crypto!) ...Follow us on Twitter and YouTube for more cephy goodness.
  • Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Preventing Fungus growth on Stripped Pyjama squid eggs

MWinship

Hatchling
Registered
Hello! Recently I have had Stripped Pyjama squid lay eggs, and hoping to raise them into adulthood! I have found that after transfering the eggs to breeder boxes, after a few days they seem to be growing a layer of grey fuzz around them. Are there any dips/ medications that might be able to apply to the eggs to prevent fungus growing on the eggs? I know how sensitive cuttlefish can be!

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
There are a number of aeration techniques used to prevent the development of fungus/algae on the eggs but I have not seen suggestions for removing existing. Here is one from MBARI - you might try something like this with half the eggs in hopes that the tumbling will gently remove the fuzz. @Thales ?