• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks, like Site Search. Follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more cephy goodness.

Preventing Fungus growth on Stripped Pyjama squid eggs

MWinship

Hatchling
Registered
Hello! Recently I have had Stripped Pyjama squid lay eggs, and hoping to raise them into adulthood! I have found that after transfering the eggs to breeder boxes, after a few days they seem to be growing a layer of grey fuzz around them. Are there any dips/ medications that might be able to apply to the eggs to prevent fungus growing on the eggs? I know how sensitive cuttlefish can be!

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
There are a number of aeration techniques used to prevent the development of fungus/algae on the eggs but I have not seen suggestions for removing existing. Here is one from MBARI - you might try something like this with half the eggs in hopes that the tumbling will gently remove the fuzz. @Thales ?

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blam

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak