• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Possible ID?

Not sure if this is good enough to get an ID with but it's the first clear picture I've gotten of my Tank raised octo " Kraken "
Chowin down on a hermit crab

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Not much detail for an ID, but Kracken looks quite small and very appealing in his shell den!!

Nancy

Upvote 0
I figured as much. The invoice said "west America's" and given that he was tank bred and the pictures that I've seen and his eye spots I'm thinking he is a very young Bimac. It's going to be awhile before I know for sure but does that sound close?

Upvote 0

SandV

Wonderpus
Registered
what is the company that he came from??? because mine was tank raised and i am also very sure that it is a baby bimac but I will ask shane what the company is that our LFS got ours from because I can't think of it right now.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PmZkilla

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak