• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks, like Site Search. Follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more cephy goodness.

[Octopus]: Oswald - O. bimaculatus My new Bimac from Tonmo

RSG

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
Just received him/her this morning. Acclimated for 4 hours and got to play with him in the bucket. Loved the drip line and my fingers. Even ate a crab in the bucket. In his new home now and he went in to a breeder box that he can get out of anytime he wishes and figures out the lid. I like to do this with younger octopus, as I can monitor his feeding habits much better. Plus I get to see him well for the first day or two. Will keep everyone posted on “Oswalds” journey.
RSG

Attachments

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
How big is your tank?

Thanks Gabe
Per @RSG's Tank Talk thread, 75 gal w/ a 20 gal sump :thumbsup:

AngelGabe94

Hatchling
Registered
Per @RSG's Tank Talk thread, 75 gal w/ a 20 gal sump :thumbsup:
I have another question about the filtration is it drilled or a hang over the back filtration to the sump? I’ve been figuring out how or which way is the best way to do it. I was thinking about building my own tank so I wanted your thoughts on the matter?

Thanks Gabe

RSG

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
I have my sons home and my father. Plenty of crabs a
I have another question about the filtration is it drilled or a hang over the back filtration to the sump? I’ve been figuring out how or which way is the best way to do it. I was thinking about building my own tank so I wanted your thoughts on the matter?

Thanks Gabe
Gabe,
I think to best is a drilled tank so that it can be sealed very well. I run a carbon/GFO reactor and a bio pellet reactor. I also have a refugium with lots of macro, copepods and Amphipod. Really keeps the tank clean and if he does ink it can be cleaned quickly. I also have a lot of flow in the DT. Helps to keep the sand beds from accumulating debris. Sea cucumber and a conch. Not sure how long that will last but so far so good

AngelGabe94

Hatchling
Registered

Gabe,
I think to best is a drilled tank so that it can be sealed very well. I run a carbon/GFO reactor and a bio pellet reactor. I also have a refugium with lots of macro, copepods and Amphipod. Really keeps the tank clean and if he does ink it can be cleaned quickly. I also have a lot of flow in the DT. Helps to keep the sand beds from accumulating debris. Sea cucumber and a conch. Not sure how long that will last but so far so good

Gabe,
It’s a little challenging kinda seeing everyone’s set up and not really know what to get or what not to get. I’ll keep on looking through threads and stuff!

Thanks Gabe

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellvn

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak