Ordovician in Tennessee (Help!)

Going back to the Horn Corals, I found this when i went out to get the picture of the Beekite, is it a cross section of a Horn Coral? :smile:

Attachments

• conv_298476.jpg
    conv_298476.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 82
Since OB posted his bad orthocone pic. I'll post my bad (Gonioceras?) pic. the only "crazy river" here though was the sweat pouring from my brow...110 heat index that day. I stayed just long enough to get a few pictures and this is the best one from the bunch.

Attachments

• conv_298555.jpg
    conv_298555.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 79
I see some kind of funky animal with a large head, huge eyes, a segmented body and skinny little legs. :wink: That wet mud looks almost as red as our clay.

:roflmao:Well you kinda got the segmented body part right, and the clay, there's a layer of it up on the sides of the quarry and it's washing down onto my rocks. Not that we've had any rain lately but the spring rains really made a mess of things. :smile:

:tongue: I did post a disclaimer stating a "bad" pic! But it's there I swear, just to the left of center above the hammer, towards the top! D has it but her vivid imagination has added legs and eyeballs. :sagrin:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back