On topic: Squid invades Chile!

UH-OH! GIANT SQUID INVADING CHILE!! CALL HOMELAND SECURITY!!

*ahem* Sorry, Eric. Just being a bit bitter.

You know, sensationalism in the news is getting a bit out of hand. I mean, rather than... oh, I don't know... STUDY?... these beasties and the phenomenon of their migration and such, our first instinct is to have the government mobilize the Death Rays.

*sigh* Still waiting for my squid with a FREAKIN' laser beam on its... Uh... where would you put a FREAKIN' laser beam on a squid anyway??

Sushi and FREAKIN' Sake,

John

erich orser

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Wasn't it Pipsquek on another thread who said something about wanting to give these squid a taste for human flesh..? Or was that me? Now there's a potentially practical application for watermen the world over, but how would we get the dosidicus inland to feed? As for where one would mount the FREAKIN laser beams, I think the answer would come from trying to teach the squid to hold them in their clubs and use them at will. I'm NOT volunteering for that educational assignment. I think you would have a safer and more rewarding time trying to teach the students in the LAUSD (although not by much)! Also regarding the FREAKIN laser beams, examination of stomach contents show that squid will eat pretty much anything, but does this culinary liberalism also apply to cooked food?

I do remember still footage taken at great depth of a large arrow squid taking down a rather small shark. I believe this was in National Geographic some years back. Anyone remember this issue? It wasn't a photograph, really, but some kind of deep-water imaging of a tethered lure with a chum-spout.

Jean

Colossal Squid
Registered
I personally wouldn't get in the water with hungry squid, they're not that fussy & I don't swim that well (or fast!!!)

J

Latest Posts