octopus texture

I haven't had a TON of experience with that, but it's pretty much what you'd expect... and it would depend on what it's doing; i.e., exploring, pulling, etc. @sedna has a ton of direct experience :smile: as to most others here... I'm just the admin :bonk:

what does it feel like when an octopus grabs your hand?
It's a strange combination of sticky and slippery. The suckers feel just how you would imagine, but they are totally in control- so if they don't want to let go, you're literally stuck! They pull on you, and even the very small ones are surprisingly strong. If you are being pulled on by a larger one- forget any illusion that you are in control!

The skin on the body feels smooth and slippery, I had one that liked to have its mantle rubbed, that was fun for me!

It's a strange combination of sticky and slippery. The suckers feel just how you would imagine, but they are totally in control- so if they don't want to let go, you're literally stuck! They pull on you, and even the very small ones are surprisingly strong. If you are being pulled on by a larger one- forget any illusion that you are in control!

The skin on the body feels smooth and slippery, I had one that liked to have its mantle rubbed, that was fun for me!
does it in any way feel like a bathmat

does it in any way feel like a bathmat
You could say that a large octopus, like a GPO, feels like a wet bath mat, yes. That's actually a pretty good analogy for starters. But the skin is delicate and thin, so a little more slippery to the touch than the top of the mat.

You could say that a large octopus, like a GPO, feels like a wet bath mat, yes. That's actually a pretty good analogy for starters. But the skin is delicate and thin, so a little more slippery to the touch than the top of the mat.
and to be clear, there isn't any sort of adhesive on the suckers, right?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back