• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

Octopus cyanea

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Registered
nope, and i'd have one if i did :smile:

just need to try asking local importers that import from hawaii

joel_ang

Architeuthis
Registered
You could try suppliers in south east asia though chances are they won't know the species, you could try getting a bandensis too but cuttles don't seem to be in season. Hawaii would be the better choice.

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Registered
nope, miles out... thats probably the distance between it eyes :smile:

you are looking at close to 6 feet from tip to tip :smile:

TPOTH

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Colin said:
nope, miles out... thats probably the distance between it eyes :smile:

you are looking at close to 6 feet from tip to tip :smile:
*nods*

Yep, for having the pleasure of working on O. cyanea last year in Indonesia i can confirm that they grow really big :wink:. In my study of the local octo fishery, i (only) came across (by that i mean the octo was brought to me for statolith removal by a fisherman prior to being sold to a middleman) a 3.2kg octo. I've had access to the local middlemen books and it seems the record stands at about 6kg :shock: ... but it was caught two weeks before i arrived on site :evil: dang!

TPOTH

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuroraVK

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak