Octopets.com is the worst online retailer around.

DHyslop

Architeuthis
Registered
cthulhu77 said:
Sir, you cut to the heart of the matter quite well...yep, I agree...it would be nice if the web page said something like "only available sometimes, etc"...

Wow...that's the first time anyone has ever called me sir without adding, "you're making a scene."

Dan :smile:

I agree.

Maybe VL wasn't very good at supressing anger and whatever...but it's still a good piont since some poeple are not really sure of what's really behind all the Octo breeding stuff.

also he works with you if you need to. just be patient and get a hold of him. i just got an octo from him a coulple of weeks ago but it died the other day now hes gonna send me a new baby next week so keep your cool man. i was impatient at first too but you have to wait no matter who the supplier is so it may as well be one that you can be on a first name basis with and who will take care of you no matter how long it takes

DHyslop

Architeuthis
Registered
You know I wonder if maybe they should get a little bigger before shipping--The two week survival rate seems pretty dismal.

I would be happy to pay an extra $10 or $20 to get one another two or three weeks old if it would make a difference.

Dan

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Since this is a brand new enterprise, there are a ton of bugs to be worked out...and I think some of the pro-active solutions you all have come up with are great !

After suffering through floods, fire, quakes, and an unintentional mass migration...Octopets is still afloat. Support this business people...however you can.

greg

Mizu

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Dan,
I agree our octo is doing great and has been since day one. I think alot of that has to do with the fact that he is older. I'm gueesing about 3 or 4 months old. I remember you said yours was smaller than you expected. As you can see from our pics ours is about the size of my hand if he is streched out. I know that means we wont have him for the full 18 month life span but at least a good year. And I would take that over the disappointment of getting a younger one who dies because of stress. I also think alot has to do with our amount of live rock and our castle he has endless places to hide if he feels the need to. We have 3 young children all under the age of 6 so needless to say our house is loud and crazy, when the kids get to wild and he wants to hide he can.