• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

octopets and nitrates

armourk

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
I have 2 questions first, I placed my order via the internet with octopets on friday afternoon, I sent them an email following asking about receive dates, I have not heard from them yet, any ideas on how they go about shipping? second I ran 2 seperate nitrate tests one dry tab test made by aquarium pharmicuticles, the other a liquid drop and zinc powder test by marine enterprises international, one gave a reading of 80ppm and the other 10ppm. which should I believe?

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Take a sample to your LFS and have them do a test. Could one of your test kits be out of date (more than a year since your opened it)? Some brands are more reliable than others. I'll see if I can find the place online that rated test kits. May take a bit of time.

Nancy

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Actually i have heard 6 months reliable testing from opening!!!

I agree with nancy and say to take it to an LFS for a recheck :smile:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaneMom6800

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak