• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

Not Octopus

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Did I read this right??? An animal shelter in a bar???????

If soooo,, maybe they adopt more out???? You could wake up with some pretty interesting creatures!!!

:shock:

Carol

Steve O'Shea

TONMO Supporter
Registered
I always wanted to name a genus Notoctopus .... but didn't think I'd get away with it (would have justified it by referring to Noto [southern] octopus ....and just dropped an o) :smile:

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Carol.. yeah i do think bars would work well at encouraging people to come in and adopt an animal but no such luck. Potters Bar is a town. :lol:

nice thought tho!
C

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Steve,
perhaps using a regional dialect might work to help you get away with it?

Eg In scots 'not' can be 'nae' Naeoctopus would work and not quite so obvious.

so a new species of squid could be classed as Notoctopus norsepiai

just maybe?

NAE chance!

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Registered
:oops: Glad you came back online eventually! it was five days and that joke had died a death!

hehe

Steve O'Shea

TONMO Supporter
Registered
I had a wee chuckle Col .... and you know I rarely venture down this neck of the woods (I can't keep up with you guys/gals and persons of dubious disposition) :wink:

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gary T

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak