• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

[News]: The Yowie: Australian for 'unlikely' - Drexel University The Triangle Online

octobot

Robotic Staff
Staff member
Robotic Staff
The Yowie: Australian for 'unlikely'
[SIZE=-1]Drexel University The Triangle Online, PA - 17 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]A few weeks ago, researchers discovered a breeding ground for giant squid, which means that they're about a million times braver than I am. ...[/SIZE]

More...

Steve O'Shea

TONMO Supporter
Registered
:shock: ... discovered a breeding ground for giant squid? Have I missed something?

WhiteKiboko

TONMO Supporter
Registered
see what happens when you waste time with silly things like 'sleeping' and 'getting away from work'?

Steve O'Shea

TONMO Supporter
Registered
:sad:

But surely if someone had a press release of this nature it would have been discussed online .... or was it?:confused:

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
I hadn't heard that either, and that reference is why I approved this post by octobot. It could be embellishment / miscommunication on the part of the author...? Hard to know for sure though -- but I haven't seen or read any other reference anywhere else to a "breeding ground" discovery for giant squid.

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHF8

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak