• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

[News]: Giant squid discovery brings back memories of PIum Island's 'Squidly' - Glou

OB

Colossal Squid
Staff member
"By comparison, colossal squid, like the one caught late last month, have shorter tentacles and a larger, more massive body. Their eyes are believed to be the biggest on Earth, perhaps growing up to 3 feet in diameter."

Uhuh...

Clem

Architeuthis
Registered
elaflam;89469 said:
Hey, I live here.
Any sightings of the Gloucester Serpent?:smile: I was a kid living in Providence, RI when the Plum Island Architeuthis was recovered, and went to the New England aquarium to see it. First time I'd seen the real thing, and I was startled by how it looked.

Cheers,
Clem

Clem;89473 said:
Any sightings of the Gloucester Serpent?:smile: I was a kid living in Providence, RI when the Plum Island Architeuthis was recovered, and went to the New England aquarium to see it. First time I'd seen the real thing, and I was startled by how it looked.

Cheers,
Clem

Nope haven't seen him since I was a wee lad. Used to dream about catching 'em..

erich orser

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Hmmm, Plum Island (I've seen that squid at the Smithsonian) happens to be right next to Lovecraft's location of Deep One-haunted Innsmouth. Coincidence?

Clem

Architeuthis
Registered
cthulhu77;89563 said:
I'm sure it was equally startled.
:razz:

What good luck, my Dad brought his camera!

Attachments

• conv_290385.jpg
    conv_290385.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 38

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acorn kid

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri