[News]: Giant squid discovery brings back memories of PIum Island's 'Squidly' - Glou

"By comparison, colossal squid, like the one caught late last month, have shorter tentacles and a larger, more massive body. Their eyes are believed to be the biggest on Earth, perhaps growing up to 3 feet in diameter."

Uhuh...

elaflam;89469 said:
Hey, I live here.
Any sightings of the Gloucester Serpent?:smile: I was a kid living in Providence, RI when the Plum Island Architeuthis was recovered, and went to the New England aquarium to see it. First time I'd seen the real thing, and I was startled by how it looked.

Cheers,
Clem

Clem;89473 said:
Any sightings of the Gloucester Serpent?:smile: I was a kid living in Providence, RI when the Plum Island Architeuthis was recovered, and went to the New England aquarium to see it. First time I'd seen the real thing, and I was startled by how it looked.

Cheers,
Clem

Nope haven't seen him since I was a wee lad. Used to dream about catching 'em..

Hmmm, Plum Island (I've seen that squid at the Smithsonian) happens to be right next to Lovecraft's location of Deep One-haunted Innsmouth. Coincidence?

cthulhu77;89563 said:
I'm sure it was equally startled.
:razz:

What good luck, my Dad brought his camera!

Attachments

• conv_290385.jpg
    conv_290385.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 81

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back