New to board

Hi all,
I'm just introducing myself as a new member.
I've been keeping marine and reef for over 15 years and now I'm stepping into a Bimac set-up.
So pardon the newbie questions that will be coming in the next few months as I prepare for it.

Welcome! Don't worry...I came into this as a complete newbie, and with a lot of websurfing and the excellent advice and help of Tonmo members, I've set up a healthy, happy reef tank with a timid (but happy) little octopus. (SHAMELESS PLUG ALERT! You can see it at: http://home.insightbb.com/~rrtanton/index.html END SHAMELESS PLUG ALERT.)

If you've been keeping reefs for 15 years, this octopus thing will be a piece of cake. Well...a piece of half-baked, gooey-in-the-center-burnt-at-the-edges-cake. Ahem. What I mean is, the very first lesson I learned here, and when I finally got my octo, is that octos NEVER do quite what you expect. I think that's one of the finest things about octos, but also potentially the most frustrating. I've been incredibly lucky that everything came together just right for me...so don't be discouraged if you hit a few (many) snags...that's the price you pay for the joys of having these lovely animals. We're all here to help.

rusty

Hi Know-it-all!

You never can have too many know-it-alls in an online community, I always say... :P Welcome to TONMO.com! Have a beer and make yourself at home... :beer:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back