• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

new IMAX 3-D film

Hi all!! Has anyone seen the new IMAX 3-D movie "Deep Sea" (I believe that's the name of it.) We saw it today -- it's fabulous! It's far too short (45 minutes) but very cool!! I highly recommend it!! :mrgreen:

I heard about that. The New England Aquarium was showing a private free screening for all us volunteers. I couldn't go, but I will definitely check it out.

Ben

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
We were supposed to go last night...but I am too dang tired from work. Sigh. Hopefully, this weekend.

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Haven't seen it yet but the reviews have been very good. Isn't there an octopus in it?

Nancy

There is! In fact, there are two -- a pacific red one (I call them Red Devilfish) -- that one was a teenage octo being about 50 lbs or so. The other one was considerably smaller, but still managed to get punched out by a feisty little shrimp!! Very entertaining!

If you get to see it, it's very well worth it.

it's really a cool flick! There was this one part about reef "cleaning stations" which was pretty cool too. I didn't know anything like that existed, but it makes sense.

Tintenfisch

Architeuthis
Staff member
The sole IMAX-size screen in NZ no longer shows IMAX films (having opted for new release blockbuster films instead - in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, even Deep Roy was huge!)
However, my trip to the States (this northern summer) may provide the opportunity - tentacles crossed! :wink:

Toren

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
I saw it last night! The narration was annoying and they included fake sound effects, but the 3D was AMAAAAAAAAAAAAZING! :bugout:

And the humboldts! Lookout!

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HissHisss

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak