• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Names and Tank Update

What should I name my octo? Tanks been cycling for almost a month (thanks again BOE :notworth: ) and have ordered 60 pounds of live sand and 45 pounds of live rock (the rest I'll buy at the LFS or just take from my seahorse tank). He should arrive in two months or so..... :biggrin2:

The octo's got a 3-4" mantle and 8" arms. The octo also had little brownish black dots on it. Anyone have a guess what it could be? LFS owner thinks it's a bimac. :roll:

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Those arms seem a bit long for a bimac - but the real way to tell a bimac is the eyespot with the unbroken chain. It's really hard to identify an octopus from a description - difficult enough with a photo!

Nancy

Didn't get any name suggestions so I picked some out of some Stephen King books. If anyone still has some suggestions, post them here. :smile:

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
People pick all sorts of names - human names (Alice), funny names (Rummler), historical names (Spartacus). unusual names (The Agent).

What are the ones your considering? Maybe they'd give us some ideas!

Nancy

Just added it to the poll. :smile:

Rock hasn't arrived yet, I moved about 10 pounds from my 20 gallon, still about 25 left in there, don't want to move it all till I sell my seahorse. :frown:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PmZkilla

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak