• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Meet Thomas Jr

Black96WS6

GPO
Registered
:mrgreen:

ThomasJr1.jpg

ThomasJr2.jpg

ThomasJr3.jpg

It looks like something tried to get him (maybe a big crab or lobster), because when I found him he had the tip of one arm that's been bitten/torn off, you may even be able to tell from the photos.

I am trying not to bug him too much, right now I'm showing him Thomas' old toys, they seem to be interesting to him :wink:

More pics, I re-arranged the tank, made the pirate treasure chest the centerpiece this time, stood up the PVC pipe, moved them all away from the sides, this will make it easier to clean the glass!

So this is what an octopus playground looks like :mrgreen:

OctopusPlayground1.jpg

OctopusPlayground2.jpg

:mrgreen:

Meanwhile, you can see Thomas Jr's future dinner companions at the local hermit crab hangout:

OctopusDinner.jpg

wow! he is great!!! cant wait to here mor about him... btw since you have owned octos before, how do you acclimate them cause i cant find that but i know everything else... mine should be here soon

91lxstang said:
wow! he is great!!! cant wait to here mor about him... btw since you have owned octos before, how do you acclimate them cause i cant find that but i know everything else... mine should be here soon

I use the same thing for all my fish and invertebrates, which is the drip method. I haven't lost anything yet that I've brought back from the ocean or the local fish store.

You basically just run a length of small airline tubing from the main tank to the bucket and start the flow, then tie a knot in the tubing so that it drips slowly into the container.

This allows them to acclimate slowly to the temperature, ph, and salinity of the tank.

Nancy said:
Please keep these wonderful pics coming! What kind of camera are you using? Flash or not?

Nancy

Sorry Nancy I just now saw this!

I am using a Canon Poweshot, I believe it's an A510 (not looking at it right now). Flash is set to OFF, using close-up (Macro) mode (the little flower symbol), and remembering to keep the camera as steady as I can when I press the shutter button (holding it with 2 hands helps, unless I have a toy in the other hand) :mrgreen:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back