• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

King something octopus

Myth

Hatchling
Registered
Hey. In a shop close to where i live they can order 3 kinds of octopus. 1 is the "blue ring", the 2nd was called something like "king *******" and the seller never mentioned the 3th one.

Now I have been searching the internet, but can't find any octopus starting with "king". Anyone here have an idea? The only extra info about it that i know is that it's 3 times more expensive than the blue ring (in this shop at least).

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Hi and welcome to TONMO.com! :welcome:

I've never heard of a "King" octopus - perhaps a literal translation of the name in some other language?

Why don't you phone the LFS with a pencil and paper at hand and take down the names exactly.

Nancy

Upvote 0

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Registered
Wasn't there some Greek play called "Octopus Rex"? :wink:

Upvote 0

Myth

Hatchling
Registered
thanks for the quick replies. I'll just go back sometime this week and be a bit more prepared than today. I had a lot more questions but forgot all of them. Still a lot I want to know and do before i'll finally get me an octopus.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AvianMan

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak