• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

kashmir got a lobster breakfast today

well my blue spiny lobster was killed this morning by my oversized coral banded in my reef tank so i figured hey this little 1 inch tail would be a good meal for the octo... so into the tank it went... only to be devoured immediatly by the octo who was in the meantime eating a fiddler crab which was promply dropped when he smelled the lobster..

this could be bad i thought later to myself... damnit ive spoiled the octo!!! this things gonna cost more to feed than my girlfriend!!!

Jean

Colossal Squid
Registered
Now Kashmir has a taste for lobster...................oh dear will he eat mundane old crabs again?????????????

J

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
joefish84 said:
this things gonna cost more to feed than my girlfriend!!!

Nothing in the whole wide world costs as much as a female human ,especially when hungry...

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Hey, don't shoot the messenger !!!

And, not to worry, Octos are just as finicky when dining ( "I'd like the chicken salad, butthatisbreastmeatisntit?, with the dressing on the side,no,no, I said blue cheese,not rouquefourt") as human females, so the chances are, he/she will return to a regular diet with a zest !!! (lucky little devilfish though, can't blame it!)

greg

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
When one of my sons had a Bd we fed a leg to G2 and he also pounced on it and ate the whole thing....luckily he went back to crabs....

I'm refraining from comment on the other discussion going on here!!! :mrgreen:

Cephkid

Sepia elegans
Registered
erich orser said:
Just don't offer your octo mashed potatoes. Seriously.
:lol:

Oh, and Greg, make sure your female counterpart (I LOVE talkin weird! :biggrin2: ) doesn't read this thread, else you'll get THIS: :yelling:. (Stirrin up the $#!4 probably isn't right, but hey, I can't resist!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris Collins

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak