• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Juvenile Briearus

Hi I got a baby Briearus a couple of months so small that I had to put him in a large critter container. Anyway his mantle is now about 2 inches so I tried leaving the top off overnight but he stayed in pvc tee in container that he uses as den. Should I leave top off or gently remove tee and put it in tank. I would like to let him keep that as his home so I know where he is. Lol because he is still small plus he is comfortable. Thanks for your help. Tom

He wound up exiting the container and put the pvc in tank. I think everything is ok? Food keeps disappearing when i put it by the rocks. He is still very small his mantle is only 1 1/2 -2 inches. Are they normally still shy at this size? Thanks

He wound up exiting the container and put the pvc in tank. I think everything is ok? Food keeps disappearing when i put it by the rocks. He is still very small his mantle is only 1 1/2 -2 inches. Are they normally still shy at this size? Thanks
Each octopus has a different personality. he might just really feel comfortable close to his pvc. or his 'home'. Its a safety net that he knows a predator wont get him. It is also possible in time that he might, as he grows, start to get more comfortable to come out as he realizes and becomes familiar with his tank set up.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back