• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Introducing Ziggy

Barnstorm

Blue Ring
Registered
Arrived from FishSupply yesterday. Fed him after work today, he chowed on a big (for him) shrimp.

A quick pic of my nano also. :wink:

Attachments

• conv_302089.jpg
    conv_302089.jpg
    320.7 KB · Views: 57
  • conv_302090.jpg
    conv_302090.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 68
  • conv_302091.jpg
    conv_302091.jpg
    311 KB · Views: 60

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Welcome to Ziggy! He is a cute little guy. How big is he? - it's hard to tell from the pics.

Nice nano, too.

Nancy

Barnstorm

Blue Ring
Registered
Thanks!

Yes, Ziggy is a bimac. The tank was prepped and cycled for a cuttle but since they wont be available until mid-summer I thought I bimac would be a good choice.

My other bimac was wild-caught and a grown adult. This is the first time I have seen a baby. Cute little bugger.

With his arms pulled in he could easily sit on a dime with no over hang. With arms out it looks like he could hold the edges of a US silver dollar.

I watched him explore around and he seems much less cordinated and graceful then the adult bimac I had. I assume this 'grace' will come in time.

Barnstorm

Blue Ring
Registered
dbbga,

Yes, what size is yours now?

Ziggy is very very small.

I am very glad he is eating as I thought he would be farther along.

He exhibits what seems to be odd behavior.

He does not spend much time in his caves. He even stays outside of his caves when I open the plastic cage and feed him. He just stays put and turns dark on me.

DHyslop

Architeuthis
Registered
Torture!

You are all evil. Making me look at all these beautiful pictures and stories of octopus pets before my tank is cycled.

EVIL!

Dan

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Welcome to Ziggy

Does this mean OctoPets are getting more officinalis in the Summer?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjh1951

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak