• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

Im going to get him/her soon. :)

ant

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
:smile: I've checked all the parameters and here's the results:

PH- 8.2
Nitrates- 0
Nitrites- 0
Copper- (yes, i tested it) None. (I gots me some chocolate chip stars and i read somewhere that all inverts. are sensitive to copper. So i figure i must not have any since they still alive.)
Ammonia- 0.0

Are these parameters good for my octopus?

*If this is in wrong forum, Please move it*

-=ant=-

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
There's Colin chirping in with a wrench...hadn't thought of that one ! Yeah, he is totally correct...temp?

ant

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
temp-72
salinity-1.023--Ill add some salt

Ughhhh, I just got back from a trip to tennessee and I now have a outbreak of black algea stuff. The dude at the pet store said theres methane under this and we sucked some up before we left (4 days ago)
What is it and how do i get rid of it!!!!!!!!! I am putting a timer on the lights but i dont know how i should time it. I'm gonna set it to turn off at mid-day. Please tell me if this is not good.

-=Ant=-

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Ant, i have my fishtank lights set to be on when i am in looking at the fish... so what that means is that my fishtank has a 12 hour cycle with the flurorescent light coming on at 12pm, then metal halides at 2pm, then metal halides off at 10pm then fluros off at 12AM, i use two timers which are built it.

what is your light cycle just now?

Any chance of a pic of the black stuff?

ant

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
i sucked alot of it out with a pump we got and that was like 2:00am yesterday. Its already reforming on the sand again :frown: Its only on the sand and rocks but not on the walls.Any info on this would be great. I circled the black algae. I think it may be diatoms? :confused: Also i was wondering if i changed alot of the water (10 or so gallons) would this take it away?

-=ant=-

Attachments

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gary T

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan