• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

I have eggs!

So this week, was the first time I finnaly see eggs in my tank.

Im afraid they may not be fertilised. 2 of the eggs were just loose and sitting on the sand near the nest. One is still attached and dangling in the cave. Ive never seen fresh cuttle eggs. These are kind of tear drop shaped which is the cause of my concern. Does anyone know how they should look when freshly laid?

I will post pics soon.

Heres a couple pics

What do you guys think??

Still lots of sex occurring.....

I can't view the photos, might be this $!%* ibook I have to borrow until I fix my PC... Do they look inflated? Ok, now I see the pics, I don't know, doesn't look like any eggs I have ever seen...but you never know...

They do not look inflated...They are just this tear drop pear shape. The parents also dont seem to be caring for these guys. With all the sex going on, you figure they should be fertile...Maybe the boy cuttle is "Shooting Blanks"

I feel theres many other eggs out of sight, but Im afraid to disrupt things still. Ill possibly wait a week.

Does anyone know how long it takes for a eggs to be laid and then hatched?

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Registered
cuttlegirl said:
I can't view the photos, might be this $!%* ibook I have to borrow until I fix my PC... Do they look inflated? Ok, now I see the pics, I don't know, doesn't look like any eggs I have ever seen...but you never know...

I see no pics either.

DHyslop

Architeuthis
Registered
I saw the pics earlier this evening but not now.

I believe a tear in the fabric of space and time has opened up in Carlsbad, CA and is rapidly spreading across the globe where it is starting to affect the internet.

Dan

Originally posted by DHyslop
I believe a tear in the fabric of space and time has opened up in Carlsbad, CA and is rapidly spreading across the globe where it is starting to affect the internet.

Oh, so that's what happed to my operating system...:hmm:

I just noticed that I only see the photos after I post something to this thread.

Thales

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Those don't look fertile. Sad.

Mine have done that, then started producing more betterer clutches. I would leave them be till they start to inflate a lot. I thin messing with them might be a bad thing.

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acorn kid

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak