I got a pentapus!

Thales

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
I finally got around to getting an octo. I believe it is an aculeatus, and currently has 5 legs.
Pretty amazing animal. Pretty interactive so far.

:smile:

Wonderful news! Welcome to your new octopus, who sounds like it's had a hard life. I imagine you already know that aculeatus can drop an arm to confuse a predator.

Does it have a name? - I'd like to add your octopus to the List of Our Octopuses.

I hope you'll have some pics for us, too. This species seems to be quite friendly so you should have fun interacting.

Nancy

I took some pics. I try to download them soon. I am just having a good time playing with it. It eats and is quite interactive.

This is the one that I picked out for the store. :smile: I got back from vacation and decided to take it home. Akyu, did I return your messages?

I'm still waiting for my wall/floors to be fixed... wahhhhhh. Yes, Righty, you did return all my messages. Thanks!

Glad you gave that octo a home. It looked like it had personality when I saw it that one time.

S

Heh heh heh! Its arms are growing back. Looks really bizarre to see tiny arms with little suckers growing out of stumps! :smile:

That's nice to hear, I wonder could you keep a record of approx how long long the stumps are so that we could know how long a wild octo of the same speices has lost its arm according to the regrowth rate.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back