• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Hunting ammonites on Youtube

Phil

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
You might not have to buy a video camera, if your digital camera has a movie setting and records .mpegs, you can use just that. Just save the files to your computer and upload them directly, just as one does here for images. It's also free to use too.

I've got a couple of short and awful videos on there that I loaded just to see if I could, and found YouTube surprisingly easy to use.

Phil

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Here's one I knocked up after a trip out to my local beach quarry yesterday afternoon. Not much interesting found to report, but it was just good be out in the fresh air!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc64fduL4yk

Hope you like it, some of the images might appear a little familiar from this website, but hey ho. Sorry about the annoying kid's voice - nothing to do with me!

Phil , that was truly awesome ! The musical score suggests to me that it's high time you jacked in being one of Tony Bliar's cronies (Canute couldn't do it so what chance has he got) & head off to Pinewood where the streets are paved with half eaten kebabs & McDonalds detritus just like any other part of the UK but think of the fame & riches ! KERCHING Dump that kid though.

Keef

How in the world do you spot them??? I watched and listened before I finished reading your post, and for a while there I thought you were keeping some deep, dark secret from us! Glad that wasn't yours.:wink:

Architeuthoceras

Architeuthis
Staff member
Excellent video Phil, just like being there. :cool2:

Too bad I got my audio card fixed :wink:

When I go out on the west desert collecting, there is probably not another soul within 50 miles, maybe when I take the UFOP out next month I can get some kid to make alot of noise and get it on video. :lol:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjh1951

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak